Spinning Out Of Control

Spinning Out Of Control
One Block Wonder quilt top-borders are planned

Indian Paintbrush

Indian Paintbrush
French Braid Rainbow quilt top-baby quilt

Cowboy Up!

Cowboy Up!
Nine Patch Pizazz quilt top-I love this one

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mary Engelbreit is one of my favorites






I have been working the past few days (real job). I have also been working on my quilt "Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life" by Mary Engelbreit. This is just for me to snuggle under so I am being a little persnickety about the whole quilting process. (I don't want to mess it up). I have made a few discoveries about quilting and myself along the way. We all must grow right! First, never quilt when you are tired, never quilt before your morning tea, kick everyone out of your sewing room before you begin, (such a fun place to gather, but seriously people, Get Out! after all it is MY sewing room) dog can stay, unless he whines, oh right he is a stuffed animal, never mind.. Practice for 15 minutes on pancake quilts (more on these later) before starting on the real McCoy, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE the correct thread is in bobbin and top BEFORE stitching, especially if you have been using wash away or fusible thread since last quilting. I used the Curve Master foot attachment to do the half circle petal prairie points. It was soooo easy and fun and they turn out perfect without a single pin used in the process. I free motioned loose circley squiggles around the girl, I outline stitched the girl in black careful to follow the print lines, then free motioned her hair, dress, bow ribbon and sunflower. The outer most border will have a different Mary Engelbreit saying on each length, the borders between panel and green "petal points" will have the feathered flower w/ swirls design pictured here, using printed design on foundation paper and stitching right through it following the lines carefully. This is for me, the "Queen Mother", "It is Good to be Queen"! "The Princesses of Quite A Lot" have been eyeing this one but have had their fingers slapped. LOL The binding is cut, pressed, rolled and ready so I have to get it done by Saturday. We have an ALL NIGHT, yes ALL NIGHT sew in twice a year. We eat, laugh and sew in vain attempt to get UFO's and WIP's completed so we can justify buying all new stuff! Works for us!

Nikki
Artsy-Fartsy chic

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

You have been busy and your quilts are beautiful. I love the scallop, too.